We know that it can be stressful to have to visit the auto repair shop for any reason. It takes time from your day and sometimes there is uncertainty about how long the visit will take and how much the repairs will end up costing you. In order to be as informed and prepared as possible, here are some helpful tips to use when planning your visit to the mechanic.
- Take note of your vehicle's symptoms and how your vehicle drives. If you're going into the shop for an inspection because you suspect an issue, going in with a couple of symptoms that you have been experiencing can help the mechanic better understand the problem and pinpoint the issue.
- Don't be afraid to ask up front for an estimate before you agree to have any work done. At the end of the day, it is your vehicle, and you can choose what is performed on it. The mechanic will likely tell you the severity of the problem and whether or not the repairs need to be completed right away or can wait.
- Make sure to ask lots of questions. If you want to know more information about a certain condition or repair, don't be afraid to ask! Mechanics enjoy their job and want to share their knowledge with customers as much as possible. The more informed you are about your vehicle, the better.
- Bring all warranty information along with you if you plan to use any type of warranty on your repair, or need to make sure that a repair will qualify under your warranty.
- Ask ahead of time how long the repair will take once agreed upon. Most shops offer a free shuttle service, so if the repair will take hours and you have somewhere to be, you'll most likely be able to get a ride and get on with your day.
- Find an auto repair shop that you can actually trust. The good ones will be apparent, and if you ever visit a shop that you don't get a good vibe from, you have the right to deny all work and leave.
We hope that these tips will be helpful for your next visit to the auto repair shop. If you're looking for honest and trustworthy repairs in the area, don't hesitate to give the professionals a call here at Stang Auto Tech today.