Do you offer any skills training or continuing education opportunities?
- Foster weekly hands-on training events from one of the Master Techs.
- CTI/WHI Online curriculum and Virtual Classroom
- Other specialty and industry training techs are interested in or as available.
- ASA Summit
- Vision in Kansas City
Can you describe opportunities for career growth at your business?
- Current apprentices moving into the Repair Technicians Position.
- Master Tech aspiring into a Mentoring position for younger and/or aspiring technicians.
- Specialized training and Certification for Hybrid and EV Vehicles.
- Repair Techs aspiring to Master Technicians
Can you describe your performance review process?
Quarterly reviews designed to for bi-lateral feedback mostly on SMART Goals, procedures, processes, and improvements for management and employees.
What type of safety training is required?
We provide approximately 16 hours of OSHA training in the critical areas and quarterly Safety Meetings on topics of relevance.
Can you describe how Techs work with and mentor younger techs?
Sometimes it is simply side by side coaching, other times it is dedicated mentoring. Sometimes there is the opportunity for an apprentice or Facilities Assistant to fill the role of Tech Assistant, simply providing assistance to the Senior Techs. Sometimes it is a Senior Tech on a Leadership Compensation to guide and direct an apprentice.
How does your shop get involved with the local community?
We love to give back to the local community and are involved with local church support events, AAA community events, fundraisers for homelessness relief and St. Jude, and support of Precious Child campaigns.
Do you do anything with local high schools or tech schools to encourage more students to enter the profession?
We are involved with the Front Range Community College Advisory board and have been extremely active with the Wyo Tech program.
- Local High School students working as Facilities Assistants
- Internships with High School STEM programs
- Advisory Board with Front Range Community College
- Wyo Tech Career placement services
Where do you see the shop in five years?
We envision either a substantial expansion project at our current location to be completed, or occupancy of a new much larger facility within a 1 to 5 mile radius.